Rotary Drum Dryer
This continuous indirect drying method allows short heat retention times while evaporating all the liquid within a single rotation of the drum. It not only virtually eliminates the risk of damaging the product but also enables the product to keep its unique properties like taste, smell, texture, etc. This drum dryer is basically conduction dryer. Wet feed film (in liquid or paste form) is applied to the rotating metal cylinder inside which, a heating medium is supplied. Material film dries to the final moisture level and is scraped off.
- Low residence time-minimum exposure to save original product quality.
- Produces free flowing powders in agglomerated or granulated form.
- Produces powders having a very low content of small particles (dustless).
- Ideal for heat sensitive products as particle temperatures are kept low throughout the drying process.
- Drying is completed at low outlet drying temperatures, giving high energy utilization efficiencies.
- High drying efficiency and low energy costs.
- Direct drying with no initial diluting.
- Continuous processing with short drying time.
- Low operator overheads and minimum maintenance costs.
- Continuous production machine without human touch.
- Ideal replacement for tray drying of wet cakes.
- Extremely sticky/pasty wet cake can be handled .
- Particle size as fine as 500 meshes is achievable.
- On line particle size reduction-eliminating need of separate pulverizer.
- Fully automatic - needs little running attention.
- Negligible material dusting.
- High volume processing
- Large filtering area of bag filter-reduced pressure drop -large savings in power consumption of blower.
- The ability to dry viscous foods (material) which cannot be easily dried with other methods.
- Drum dryers can be clean and hygienic and easy to operate and maintain.
- breakfast cereals
- baby food
- instant mashed potatoes
- Calcium Carbonate
- Sodium Benzoate
- Brewer's Yeast
- Calcium Chloride
- Potasium Phenyl Acetate
- Polyacrylamide Gel
- Sodium Acetate
- Dye Intermediate
- Sulfur Black
- Calcium Lactate
- Animal Glue
- Barium Sulphate
- Soya Residue (Okara)
- Sodium sulphate
- Acid Violet
- Pre gel Starch
- Distiller's Yeast
- Di- Potassium Phosphate